Monday, May 15, 2017

{Happy Mother's Day to me!}

I had a great Mother's Day this year. It was pretty low-key (which is always nice), and it ended with a Mother's Day 5K run.

The fun really started yesterday when I was able to attend Muffins with Mom on Friday :) I wrote about that here. It was nice being able to attend one their school functions for a change.

Mother's Day morning started with the kids sharing their present they purchased for me at the Mother's Day Boutique at school. Lilli got me earrings and a beautiful necklace. Caden got me a great scrapbooking tool and also a #1 Mom keychain. They were very excited to give me what they had picked out on their own. Ryan also didn't listen to me and bought something as well. I love it so much, so I can't complain. He got me a little Harry Potter music box. Look how cute this is:
 
I love it!!!

We then went to church, and both kiddos participated in the church musical. Here is a pic I took while they were practicing right before church started:
Yes, you read that correctly. Lilli participated! Holy smokes.

After church we headed home, and then Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Chris, Cara, Jordon, and the kids headed over to our house for a Mother's Day brunch. The kids had a wonderful time playing with their cousins. The kids also enjoyed sharing their gifts they picked out for Grandma:
 
The weather was so gorgeous, so we headed outside to enjoy the sun. Later in the afternoon Ryan, the kids, and I rode our bikes to the PDS pad for the Mother's Day 5K. Steph organized this, and it was so much fun. Here are some highlight pics:
Lilli and I planted a bulb:
Overall, it was a great day :) I am a very lucky person with a wonderful family.
Until later,
Barby

No comments: