Monday, November 21, 2016

{I'm back...and planning a road trip!}

Hello! Hello! After a long and much needed break, I am back. I have so much that has happened since I last blogged. The largest thing that has changed is probably my school. I no longer teach at Ripon High School. After 10 years there, I decided it was a good time for a new challenge. I now teach at Fond du Lac High School:
Pretty, isn't it?
My commute time is the same, and I am happy to report that my carpool status is the same as well. My bestie Pat also switched to Fondy, so we are still able to carpool most days. 

What else is happening in our lives? Caden is now in 2nd grade, and Lilli is in first grade. She has the same teacher Caden had last year. Both kids are really enjoying school. Here are a couple of cute recent pics:
Caden rockin' some serious bed head:
Lilli after she lost her 6th tooth:
We are as busy as ever, but I have been doing a much better job of finding time for myself. This includes a much higher level of physical activity. Since I last blogged, I have been running quite a bit. Here are some of the running highlights:
2016 Shamrock Shuffle
Mother's Day Run
Florida vacy (still found the time to workout!)
Bellin's Women's Half Marathon Relay 2016
 Scrapping weekend (still worked out)
I have much to update you about, but I am not going to stress myself too much over that. I am going to start with today. We are currently getting ready to make the drive to Ohio to visit the family for Thanksgiving this week. I luckily do not have school on Wednesday, so Ryan and I will pick the kids up from school on Wednesday and hit the road from there. I am planning to work on some packing tonight for the trip. Aunt Lexie will be staying with and spoiling Minka...as usual :)  We are so lucky to have her. 

We plan to leave to come back on Saturday after dinner, so I am putting together some things for the kids to do in the car. Yes, they can watch movies, but I want them to have some other things to do. Here is what I have so far...

We will bring our license plate board with us. The kids can them flip over the plate for each state once we see them on the road:
Caden loves Mad Libs, so I found these Star Wars Mad Libs on Pinterest:
They will also have their car bags that Grandma (Pam) always makes for them. The other must have supplies are snuggly blankets, a stuffed animal, and a small travel pillow. Am I forgetting anything?

Talk soon!
Barby


No comments: