Tuesday, January 05, 2016

{pushing outside of my comfort zone: skiing}

I am not a skier. Yes, I have gone a couple of times in the past few years, but my skill level is bunny hill. Ryan, however, is a big fan of skiing. And now both of the kiddos are fans. The first time the kids went was two years ago. We mimicked that exact pattern this year. Two years ago only Caden wanted to go. Then Lilli wanted to go the next day.

I still love these pics in particular from 2013. Click on the links above to the original posts to see the rest of the pics and the videos: 

Last year Daddy and Caden were only able to get out skiing once. Lilli didn't have any interest in going agin.

This past weekend was the same schedule as 2013. Only Daddy and Caden went on Saturday, because Lilli didn't want to go. Here's a pic Ryan sent to me:
Then she decided she wanted to go, so we all went on Sunday. I will admit I very begrudgingly went along. While I can handle the bunny hills, I can do without skiing. I'm not a huge fan of the cold, and I don't like the feeling of not being in control. I didn't want to leave Daddy alone with the two, so I agreed to go. He told me he could do it alone, because he said Caden is quite independent now. I couldn't believe Caden was already that independent. Yesterday was Caden's first time using the poles while skiing. And yes, Daddy was right. Caden did a great job! Here are some pics from our day:
Ryan: "Let's take a pic while we are all still smiling."
Can you tell how excited they are?
Fun times!
I don't look scared, right?
Caden trying the poles for the first time.
Too much cute!
Here is a shot of the three of them on a chair lift to ski Gentle Giant.
Here is a video of big shot Caden skiing:
video

I love this one of Lilli trying things on her own. She really has a great attitude when she skiis:
video
I am soooo happy I pushed myself outside of my comfort zone. If I hadn't, I would have missed out on all of the fun. It was a beautiful day in the snow :)

Until later!
Barby

No comments: