Friday, December 11, 2015

{My LONG stay at the Kalahari}

You know we like waterparks, so when Ryan and I realized we each had conferences or meetings butting up to each other at the Kalahari, we were in! As I mentioned yesterday, we headed there Friday after work and quickly packing up. By the time we got there it was dinner time, so we ate right there at the Wisconsin Brew Pub. The food was very good. I tried to get a nice pic of us, and look what I captured:
I laughed out loud when I saw it. Usually Caden is the one to make the faces...

After we were done eating, it didn't pay to hit the waterpark because they close at 9 pm. They kids decided they were okay with just playing some games in the arcade next to the restaurant. While we played, Ryan took our things to our room. Here are the kids after we loaded the tickets they had won onto their game cards:
 
Once I got to the room with the kids, Lilli and I were pretty tired. We decided to rest while Caden and Daddy headed to check out the other arcade. That was our first night.

The next morning Daddy was up bright and early for his meetings, and the kids luckily slept in!!! Yes. It was glorious. We grabbed some cold cereal from the cafe there and ate it in our room, and then we headed out to the outlet mall to check out the Disney Store. I LOVE it there. They even read a little Christmas story to the kids and gave them little books:
 
 
Then the kids chose Noodles and Company for lunch. Lilli wanted to head back to the room to rest, and we were happy that Daddy was done with his meetings not too long after we got back to the room. Then it was time to hit the waterpark. Lilli and I hung out most of the time, so I don't really have many pics of Caden from Saturday afternoon's swim:
After we swam for a few hours, we decided to go to Monk's for dinner. Then we headed to MagiQuest to play a little bit. Caden brought his money, and he bought a new end for his wand (like his cousin Andrew has) and also a belt for the wand. Lilli borrowed the money to buy the same (she bought a different end). Yes, our kids are cool like that :)
 
Here is another shot with his new belt:
 Lilli sporting her new belt:
After playing there for bit, Lilli was VERY tired. We did two quests, and then we found a place to sit down while Caden and Daddy finished up. She fell asleep on my lap. She was done for the night, but Caden still had enough energy to hit up the arcade one last time. 

The next morning we got up and hit the waterpark right away. This was my favorite part of our entire time there. The kids were great together. They played the entire time. When Lilli was born, I thought we were a little crazy to have a newborn and a 22 month old. Now that I see how well they play together, I think we are geniuses. Look at these cute pics:
Here they are waiting for the water cannon above to hit them:
 
I loved it the most when they went down the slides side by side. Check out this video I took of them. If you look at Caden, you can see that he is "meditating" when he comes down the slide. He cracks me up...
They played together in the kid area while Mommy and Daddy were able to sit and talk. We could see them the entire time, and it was glorious! I love that they really do love each other and love playing together.
After checking out (and then checking into my next room for my conference), we had a quick lunch at Sprecher's. My family left me to head home, and I began my stay for my conference. I was there for an educational technology conference. The conference was from Monday to Wednesday, and it was very good. It was nice to also have some of my colleagues there. We had some fun besides attending the conference. The highlight? Wizard Quest! Yep, I talked them into trying Wizard Quest.
 Here Kelly and I are in the ball pit:
Victorious! We freed all four wizards :)
It was a fun time. My entire stay was from Friday through Wednesday. It was a LONG time to be at the Kalahari. I had a good time, but there is no place like home :)

Until later!
Barby

No comments: