Tuesday, November 24, 2015

{kids' latest obsession: mini muffins}

Remember that banana bread recipe that I shared with you here? Well, last week I decided to make mini muffins instead of a loaf. The kids are constantly wanting me to buy them the Little Bites snacks, but I don't buy them because the ingredient list is filled with items I cannot pronounce. You know, items other than: flour, sugar, butter... Yes, I'm a mean mama :) Well, I decided to try to make my own Little Bites. I made my banana bread recipe as usual, and then I poured the batter into a mini muffin tin. I have little muffin wrappers, but I didn't really see the need for them. Of course the house smelled amazing; who doesn't like the smell of banana bread? By the time I took the muffins out of the oven, I had to beg the kids to wait to eat them until they cooled off. I should also mention that I had to give Ryan the "Please, wait a few minutes" talk as well. End result? The kids LOVED them. They also wanted to take them to school for snack time. Win!

I made them again tonight. Check out how cute my little helper is:
 I think the muffins are pretty cute, too:
While I didn't have time tonight (prepping for heading to Ohio tomorrow for Thanksgiving-Thank you to Alexis for watching Minka and the house!), I plan to try out some new recipes for mini muffins next week. Here are some recipes I am planning to try:
Blueberry Muffins
Source: I am planning to try using dried blueberries to avoid the fresh berry mess.

Bakery Style Chocolate Chip
 Source: How amazing does that muffin look?! The house would smell amazing!

Monkey Muffins
 Source: Banana, chocolate, and peanut? Yes, please!

Lemon Crumb Muffins
 Source: My mom LOVES lemony treats, so this reminds me of her :)

 Caramel Apple Muffins
Source: Caramel + Apple = Match made in heaven :)

Cinnamon Sweet Potato Muffins
 Source: The sweet potato makes it a health food, right?
 
Don't those all look amazing? I can't wait to try at least one of them out next week.

Have you made any muffins recently? Do you have any If you have kiddos, I highly recommend you do.

Until later!
Barby

No comments: