Monday, November 09, 2015

{I'm hoping for a partially homemade Christmas}

While I know it is entirely unrealistic impossible to think I will make all of the Christmas presents I give out this year, I would still like to make a fair number of them. At this point, I am not really sure what that will mean. I LOVE to crochet (I'm not very good at knitting...it's too complicated for me), I like paper crafting (think scrapbooks and frame collage time projects), and I like quite a few other things. When I think homemade Christmas gifts bath bombs and the sort come to mind. I am not sure what I am going to make. I like the idea of putting together baskets with a theme for different people, and then adding something small that's handmade. For example, I could put together a pampering basket with lotion, candle, nail file, nice nail polish, and maybe a soft homemade washcloth or something. What do you think? Good idea? 

I really need to carve out some time and check out Pinterest for some ideas. I have looked a little bit, but I still need a lot of ideas. I still have some ideas saved to a board that I started last year. Here are a few:
 Monogrammed Sharpie Mug
 I love the idea from here where you just buy white mugs and make something special for someone.
 DIY Scrabble Tile Coasters
Anything with Scrabble tiles is a win in my book :) This is also from here.

I have also received some pins from Alexis and Samantha with ideas from them for presents they would like. That is also very helpful. Here is an infinity scarf that Samantha would like:
I need to figure out a pattern. This was one that was sold on Etsy.
And Alexis would like some Cozy Slipper Boots (from here):
I must admit I wouldn't mind making some of these for myself.
After I come up with my definite ideas, I then need to look at my timeline to determine what needs to be made when. This will also include gifts for my own kiddos. Can you believe the Christmas is next month?! I can't.

Is anyone else making Christmas gifts? What are you making? I am very open to some suggestions :)

Until later!
Barby

No comments: