Friday, November 13, 2015

{holiday parade + weekend away}

Whew! Last night's post didn't happen. Oshkosh's Holiday Parade was last night, and Lilli's Daisy Scout troop was in it. We didn't get home until after 8:30. By the time I put the kiddos in bed (Lilli fell asleep on my lap at dinner and Caden fell asleep in the car) and made their lunches for today...I was done. No pics were put up and no words were typed. Here are some pics from last night:
Before the parade:
We were very lucky, because another Daisy Scout troop had built a float and invited our girls to join them:
 
How nice was that? It was good we were there, because one of the cardboard surfboards ended up disconnecting. I ended up walking the majority of the parade attempting to keep the surfboard in place.

It was a very fun night. The girls were so excited! Check out their amazing singing (sorry the video is so dark):
video
Let's skip to tonight now. After school and my chiropractor appointment today, I headed to Wisconsin Rapids for a scrapbooking weekend. Funny thing is...I am not scrapping this year. I just didn't have time to get anything together, and I still haven't even unpacked my scrapbooking items. So I decided it didn't matter, and I would still enjoy the time. I grabbed a bunch of magazines I haven't had time to read, my computer, a DVD player (and all of the Harry Potter movies), my container of yarn, and a book I'm reading. I have decided that I will just treat this as a nice relaxing weekend. I will do whatever I feel like doing. This will include sleeping in :) Lilli was very emotional about my leaving, so I did promise her I would make her something little. I found this crochet pattern on Pinterest of this cute little owl:
HOW CUTE IS THAT?! I can't just make something for Lilli and not Caden, so I found this cute little Pikachu to make for him:
I think they will love them. I will just need to buzz out quickly tomorrow to get some stuffing for them. Truthfully, I don't think I will last long tonight before I go to bed. Mama is tired :)

Until later!
Barby

No comments: