Friday, November 06, 2015

{cream cheese frosting + more updates next week}

I am working on some woodland themed animal cupcakes and cake for a baby shower tomorrow, so I haven't had enough time to put together a coherent post :( On the upside, my house smells heavenly... Look for more substantial posts next week. This will include my recap of Caden's Harry Potter party. I will leave you with a pic of what I am looking at tonight:
Yum...homemade cream cheese frosting... I am using the recipe from Food Network. It's easy-peasy:

Cream Cheese Frosting
4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract.

Done! I will post pics of the cake and cupcakes later as well :)

Until later!
Barby

No comments: