Wednesday, October 28, 2015

{Calling all Harry Potter fans!!! I need help!}

This Sunday is Caden's Harry Potter party. I am so EXCITED!!! I need help with the menu. I know I will be ordering roast beef from Arby's, but that's about as far as I am in food planning. I asked Caden what he wants, but he doesn't really care. I know I will be serving Butterbeer (no, it's not alcoholic), and I found a recipe on Pinterest that has some pretty good feedback:
The recipe isn't too complicated either. I got it from pastryaffair.com:

Butterbeer
Yields 4 servings

1 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda, chilled

In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar with 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F (115 degrees C) on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally. If you don't have a candy thermometer, bring to a gentle boil and turn off the heat after about a minute of cooking.
Turn off the heat and add the butter, salt, vinegar, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Stir until smooth. Cool mixture to room temperature before using.
In a medium bowl, beat together the remaining cream (1/2 cup) with 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar syrup.
In each glass, mix together 1/4 cup brown sugar syrup with 1/4 cup cream soda. Pour in the rest of the cream soda until it is nearly to the brim of the glass. Top with whipped cream.

I am excited to make it :) What else do you think I should make? We have the family party from 11:30-1:00, and then Caden's friends from his class will be coming from 1:00-3:00 for cake and ice cream. I am really looking for some cute Harry Potter side dishes. They need to have cute names, too. I will be making tags to put in front of each item as well.

Of course, we will be playing some games and I have goodies for them, but I will write about that after Sunday. Well, I can tell you that I am working on wands for them. Here's a sneak peek:
The glue swirl that you can see in the pic is glow in the dark glue!!! I also put some on the tips so the handles and the tips will glow in the dark. How awesome is that?! Caden and Lilli are pretty pumped about them :)

I am in full-blast party prep mode :) I have some more robe making to do tonight!

Until later!
Barby

No comments: