Wednesday, September 16, 2015

{my to-do list notebook}

At the end of last school year, I took a 14-day online course called Make Over Your Mornings. It gave some pointers about how to sneak more into your mornings. This idea of getting more from my mornings first really hit home for me after I read my friend Jessica's book:
http://www.amazon.com/Fringe-Hours-Making-Time-You/dp/0800723481/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442345690&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Fringe+Hours

If you haven't read this book, you really need to! Jessica talks about sooooo many things I feel all of the time. I am still working on making some changes, but I feel like I'm on my way.

After reading Jessica's book, I then kept looking for more ideas. I just really liked the idea of reading books that would help make me a better and HAPPIER me. That was when I came across the Make Over Your Mornings online course. One thing I took away was about really having a solid night time routine to set up your morning to be successful. This includes having a to-do list for the next day with the main things you want to accomplish. You create this list before you go to bed. She also recommends thinking about how much time each item will take, because you don't want to list 10 different things that each will take 2 hours. She also talks about how important it is to prioritize what you want to do. If you do that you will end the day and feel like you haven't accomplished much that way. I really like this idea of making a list before going to bed. If I have something really important I want to accomplish, I plan to put a star next to that item. I am not too sure if I will write how much time each item will take me, but I may change my mind about that. I am already a list-making type of person (in fact, a lot of my friends make fun of me about this...), so this makes a lot of sense to me.

The first thing I needed to do was find my notebook. I picked up a super cute one at Target (of course):
I am planning to use this as my night time "To-Do List" notebook. Then when I wake up, I can quickly check out what I want to accomplish for that day. I am planning to start using my notebook tonight. Am I the only person who LOVES crossing things off of her to-do list? I...just...love...it :)
 
Until later!
Barby

No comments: