Thursday, September 24, 2015

{my overnight waterpark packing list}

We go to the Dells a lot. Ryan sometimes has optometric conferences there (like this upcoming weekend), and we also go to two separate get togethers with family and friends there over the course of the year as well. I would say we generally go to either Great Wolf Lodge or Kalahari in total four times a year. Without fail, every time we go I forget something. This time I decided to plan a little better (Yes, I always have made a list beforehand), and I put together a list that I am going to SAVE for each time we go :) Here is what I came up with:

Waterpark Packing List for overnight trip

For the Waterpark
  • sunblock (if it’s nice enough to go to the outdoor section)
  • swim shoes or flip flops
  • swimsuits (2 per family member)
  • beach towels (1 per family member)
  • swimsuit cover-ups (t-shirts for the boys)
  • waterbag (I have a rubbery one that i got free with a bathing suit. Water doesn’t collect in it.)
      • Items for in the bag
          • baby wipes
          • water bottles
          • first aid kit (we needed this last time)
          • healthy snacks- Naturebox snacks most likely
  • detangling spray
  • hair-ties (for Lilli and me)
  • contacts (last time we went I forgot mine…)
  • wide headbands (I am planning to use these for the kids. We put their wristbands on their ankles, and I want to wrap the headband over it when they go to bed so they do not scratch themselves with the wristbands.)
  • 1 gallon-sized Ziploc bag (1 for each family member for wetsuits for return trip home)

For the Hotel Room
  • slippers
  • nightlight (I always forget this!)
  • bedtime books
  • book for myself
  • workout shoes and clothes
  • more snacks
  • a big blanket for the floor (If the kids want to sit on the floor, I don’t want them on that carpet-Yuck!)


Yes, we love waterparks. Even when I've forgotten things, we've still managed to have a good time. Here are some pics from over the years:
How cute is this?!
 
Do you think I missed anything essential to pack?

Until later!
Barby

No comments: