Monday, September 14, 2015

{chore chart creation}

Caden and Lilli have been asking for a chore chart for a long time... I know, they are weird :) I think Caden is more interested in the incentive part than in the actual completion of the chore part. I searched around online, and I think I finally found a chore chart that I can adapt to suit our family:

Amy from My Name is Snickerdoodle came up with this. I am going to make the one for the kiddos a little bigger than this one. I want ours to include:
  • GET DRESSED
  • MAKE BED
  • BRUSH TEETH
  • EAT BREAKFAST
  • COMPLETE SCHOOL WORK
  • CLEAN UP TOYS
  • CHOOSE TOMORROW'S CLOTHES
  • BRUSH TEETH
I like this chart because I won't need to buy anything expensive to make it. I should have enough supplies with all of my scrapbook supplies (which haven't been used in a looooooong time). Caden and Lilli really like it. Caden wants me to take real pictures to use. For example, he said I could take a pic of him brushing his teeth. I think that's a great idea. The kids will each keep their own chart in their room. Every day when they complete all of the chores for the day, they will get this little star stick thing they picked out awhile ago at Educare:
Wow..I think my pics are getting worse. Didn't realize this was so blurry. Sorry!
I think they are made to me used in pocket charts. Ryan and I are thinking that we will make each star stick worth something. 50 cents? A dollar? We are not sure. Is $1 a day too much to be able to earn? I would have been thrilled with that as a kid! I am thinking we will start with 50 cents. I am anticipating that there will most definitely be days when they are not able to complete all of their chores for whatever reason. For example, every time Caden decides to "sort" his Pokemon cards, it looks like some sort of storm has hit his room. I reminded him tonight that those cards would fall under the CLEAN UP TOYS category. 

The plan is to make the chore charts tomorrow. I will post pics when we finish them. The kids are excited to help me make them. Anyone else use chore charts?

Until later!
Barby

No comments: