Wednesday, January 28, 2015

{Sherlock Holmes...a good read!}

The other day at work my students had a reading period, and I forgot my book at home. Now I have a ton of books in my room, so I knew I just needed to grab one from my shelf. I buy books all of the time at rummage sales and Goodwill to bring into my classroom, so I have not read them all. The one that hit me to grab this week was a Sherlock Holmes collected by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
 I do not teach any Doyle, and the only thing I've really read in the past was The Hound of the Baskervilles. 

I sat down with the book and didn't really know what to expect. I thought back to our trip to Scotland as I opened the book. I walked a lit tour that included where Doyle spent a lot of his time. From the second page of the book I was hooked. I LOVE it! Holmes' character is so great and funny. The book is really easy to read, because it is a collection of short stories. It is so relaxing to just read for fun. I really hope by having this time in class for my students to read, they will develop this life-long love for reading.

Until later!
Barby

No comments: