Monday, September 29, 2014

{our new normal}

As you may have noticed, the blog has been pretty quiet lately. I can't tell you how many posts I have started for this last month, but then something comes up and I don't get the pics attached. That seems to be a theme: there is always something else to do. After a lot of thinking (while doing other things like the dishes...), I decided I need to just let it go. (Do you like that Frozen reference there?) This is a new start, a new normal for us. With both kids in school now, our mornings are a little crazier. Caden needs a lunch for school every day, so our evenings are a little more packed. It may not seem like that much has changed, but losing a little bit of time here and there makes for big changes in my book :)

Now that I have the (almost) first month under my belt, I am learning our new normal. I realized that while I LOVE keeping the blog updated every day with fresh pics of my kiddos lovely faces, that simply may not be realistic right now. I do plan to update as frequently as possible, but some of the posts may be pictureless...and that's okay. This is still a great way to keep in touch with those who are not able to see us every day. Or those who just want to know the latest thing I may be trying with my little ones. (Stay tuned for a great point system we are using with Lilli to make our mornings not horrible...Yes, my beautiful little girl does seem to have to power to transform into something not quite so sweet when she doesn't like the pants we are trying to have her wear....)

I need to use my extra time with the kids and Ryan; they are more important than anything. For example, my Project Life book is still really behind. But that's okay. I keep telling myself that :) It's more important for me to be making the memories than recording them right away. It's okay.

Now I am not going to forget about posting things from the last month. I will feature some items along the way. One of the best things that has happened in this last month is that Lilli started gymnastics, and she LOVES it!!! I am so excited for her. And she is really good. It appears that she is simply a natural. It was a little rough at first, because she was being very shy. She ended up not wanting to leave. Here are some pics:
Look at her cute little legs.
 
I promise to do a better job keeping you updated about what is going on in the house. We have actually been doing quite a bit.

Until later!
Barby

No comments: