Tuesday, May 20, 2014

{my sewing plans for this summer}

I know I just got done saying I was going to try to not take on as much, so this may not be a logical follow-up, but here we go :) After receiving a sewing machine for my birthday, I have decided I want to take a crack at making some clothes for the kids and other goodies. I am not talking about everything completely from scratch. I want to also work on repurposing some items. I plan to hit up Goodwill to see what they have there. I don't think I will have time to start this until the summer, but I want to get some patterns together.

Here are some things I found on Pinterest:
I love how cute and simple this is. I could see Lilli wearing little dresses like this all summer. I would probably add something to the bottom as well.
How adorable?! The fact that it requires a video for the tutorial does make me a little nervous, but I know I can handle it :)

I cannot express how much Lilli would love these pants. They remind me of a few Matilda Jane pieces she has. I would probably make a more daring fabric choice than these :)

I can't just make things for Lilli, so I found this for Caden:
Play Mat/ Messenger Bag Tutorial for the Boyz
It is a play mat for cars that folds up into a messenger bag. He would think that is pretty awesome. He doesn't get as excited about clothing as Lilli does, so I knew a play item would be a bigger hit with him.

I found a couple of things I would like to make for myself:
I think this bag pattern is just what I need for traveling :)

What do you think? Any other suggestions? 

Until later!
Barby

No comments: