Friday, April 25, 2014

{time to get the camper}

With the weather finally turning into Spring (don't look at next week's forecast...), Ryan and I decided that it is time to get the camper out of storage this weekend to start preparing for the summer. I knew one thing I wanted to do for it is to make some new curtains. If you recall, I received a new sewing machine for my birthday (thank you, Ryan), so curtains are high on my list. Don't get me wrong, the camper is in great shape. I just want to update the look. Well, that got me to doing a little of searching for some inspiration on Pinterest. Then I came across this website. Oh.my.goodness. I LOVE it! The idea of using the chalkboard paint is so awesome. It just adds one more thing the kids can do in there on a rainy day. I would use a table cloth to put over the chalkboard surface. I don't like the idea of eating right on top of it. I showed the kids the pics, and they really like the idea. I am so excited to start!

Our timeline will begin on Sunday when Ryan will be picking up the camper. My only plan for then is to measure all of the cushions so I know how much fabric to purchase. I am not too sure about a color scheme right now. I will most likely go with something light and airy (and on sale). I am hoping to find the fabric next week during the rainy, rainy week. I also decided that I want a little chandelier. I know it's ridiculous, but I REALLY want a cute little chandelier. I will probably paint it white or something.

I am not sure if Ryan is quite as excited about this new project as I am :) He is most concerned about finding the proper paint to cover the fake wood surfaces so they don't chip right away. I know sanding will be involved. I'm okay with that. I am just excited to start the project. Realistically we won't be able to camp until June, so my goal is to be done by then. I know I sometimes set that bar a little too high... We will see with this one. I will update you with pics along the way:)

Caden and Lilli are very excited to go camping. In fact, Caden told me that he would rather go camping than go on a Disney Cruise. (He has cruise on the mind because we just got back from ours.) That says a lot that he would rather go camping than cruising. Good times:)

And speaking of cruising, here is a link to my post from the Tuesday of our cruise vacation. Our port of call was Nassau. There are some excellent shots of my awesome sunburnt legs. Enjoy!

Until later!
Barby

No comments: