Tuesday, April 15, 2014

{The Bahamas: Nassau)

Our first port of call was Nassau. Ryan and I didn't sign up for a shore excursion here. Looking back, I wish we had. The first thing we did was get off of the ship and look around at the stores. Here is a shot of our ship:
 
I bought Lilli an Elmo purse at the Strawmarket. The women were sitting right there and sewing the characters onto the purses. I probably paid too much for it, but I am not one to haggle with prices. We then took our items back to the ship and put on our bathing suits. Here I am on the street before we headed back to the ship:
 
We decided we needed to do more than just shop, so we took a ferry to Atlantis Paradise Island to go to the beach. All we did for the rest of the time there was spend time reading on the beach. It was great:
This picture reminds me that I really need to work on standing up straighter...

Did you notice the sun burn on my legs? Yes, there are streaks... I did not do a great job with the sunblock on Monday.

It was also formal attire night. Not too shabby...
It was a great first full day of the cruise!

Until later!
Barby

No comments: