Monday, February 24, 2014

{Round Two begins...}

Well, I have good and bad news...and worse news. This morning Lilli had a fever again. She was still pretty tired when I left for work:
 
Good news was that Lilli felt much better this morning. Look at these pics Ryan sent:
There's that smile!
Look at that bite!
The second one was my favorite. I was so excited that she was hungry. First time since Friday. She didn't end up eating very much. Sadly, this bounce back didn't last very long. Shortly after taking her Tamiflu dose, she started having really bad gas pain. Ryan read that is a possible side effect of the medication. She is in a lot of pain. She just moans and grabs her tummy. It's so sad. I stopped at Walgreens after school and talked with the pharmacist about gas relief for Lilli. She is now taking the Tiny Tummies Gas Relief drops. We aren't planning to give her anymore of the Tamiflu. Wasn't worth the amount of pain she was in tonight.

Did I forget to mention that Caden is sick now? Yep. That is the worse news. So to catch you up: Lilli was better, Lilli got bad gas pain, and then Caden got sick. Here is the pic Pam sent of Caden this afternoon:
Again, so sad...

Luckily he seems to be a little stronger. He is still hungry, but he is very tired, his eyes are constantly watering, and he also has a fever (got to over 102). He had to miss the first day of hockey today, but we are hoping that he will be well enough to go on Thursday. He is devastated that he is unable to go to school tomorrow. There is a dentist coming in to talk with the kids. I told him I would try to find him that Playdoh Dentist thing to make up for missing the time at school.

So, to sum it all up: Lilli still doesn't feel well, Caden is now sick, and my house still looks like a war zone from a complete inability to clean :( I am hoping things start to look up a lot and soon! As of right now, it looks like I will have to take a day off of work to stay home with the kiddos. I can't send them anywhere until both of them are fever free for at least 24 hours. I better start working on sub plans...

Until later!
Barby

No comments: