Monday, February 03, 2014

{Menu Monday + Candy Land)

Happy Monday! I don't know about everyone else, but I am SICK of this cold. I don't like having to wear so many layers, and I know the kids are just itching to get outside and play. No such luck any time soon here :( Anyway, here's a look at what we will be eating this week:

Monday: Lentils and rice (like my Grandma always makes! I can share the recipe if anyone wants it.)

Tuesday: Baked Chicken breasts with broccoli (nothing special)

Wednesday: Leftovers (Ryan meets with his school group, so he isn't home for dinner.)

Thursday: Spaghetti

Friday: Out

Saturday: Corn Sausage Chowder (My new menu item for the week!)

Sunday: Family dinner

This menu is centered around cleaning out the freezer a bit. I LOVE always coming up with fun menus, but sometimes we just need to clean out our cabinets and freezer a tad. I was the most interested to see if the kiddos would dig the Lentils and Rice for tonight.The verdict: they liked it!!! Yay :) They both even liked the plain yogurt. I didn't know if it would be too strong of a flavor for them; it wasn't.

Because of this terrible cold weather (and the fact that Caden still has a cold), we needed to do another calm activity tonight. I thought for a change, we would play some games. Caden, Dada and I started with a few rounds of the game Spot It:

It is so much fun!!!
The best part about this game is that there are SO many different ways to play it. Caden is pretty good at it. While we played, Lilli rode her bike.

After dinner we also played a few games of Candy Land. Caden "won" one time and Lilli won the next. I must say, I miss the way the old game looked. The newer version is still cute, but it's just not the same. I LOVED landing on Princess Lolly when I was little. It just isn't the same with the more cutesy pics, but we still had a good time. Caden set up the game for us to play:
We played the first game with just the two of us. Here is Lilli after her victory:
 
Here is what happens when Caden tries to pull one over on Dada:
TICKLES!!!
The kids ended the evening on a high note...with slime! Uncle Danny and Aunt Samantha came over, and they found the kids some slime at Target. It was a hit!
 
Have a great week!

Until later!
Barby

No comments: