Tuesday, February 11, 2014

{100th Day of School prep}

This week has already been crazy! I still don't have my Project Life layout from last week put together, so I will update you about that on Friday :)

Tonight we spent putting together something for Caden to share on Wednesday for the 100th Day of School. Each child was asked to bring a collection of 100 items to school, grouped into tens. I wanted to do something a little different, so I went on Pinterest to come up with something good. I found one pic that had 100 cups in a box for the kids to stack into different structures. I LOVED it. I emailed Caden's teacher to make sure this would be okay, and she loved the idea as well. Luckily we had a pack of 100 cups in our basement in the party supplies. I grabbed an empty box from school and covered it with white paper. When I got home, I used the Don Juan Cricut cartridge to cut out the letters "Happy 100th Day of School" to decorate the box. Then I gave Caden some of my special scrapbook markers to add more color:
We then stacked the cups in piles of ten and placed them in the box:
It turned out to be pretty cute, and the best part was that I didn't have to buy anything:
I forgot to take another pic after he added all of the color.
I also wanted to send a special snack, and I found this great idea on Pinterest:
Can you see that it is "100"?
How cute are they?! The one I found online had a stapled on label, but I thought it would be best not to have that because little hands could get cut or scraped. All it requires is a a Keebler Vienna cookie:
and two Chips Ahoy cookies:
I put them into a snack size bag so they wouldn't slide around.

Easy-peasy! Caden is very excited to share these with his friends on Wednesday :)

Until later!
Barby

No comments: