Tuesday, January 21, 2014

{Project Life: Week Three + Caden's injury}

Welcome to a tour of these week's Project Life! Check out the highlights from our lives last week. If you want to learn more about Becky Higgins' Project Life, click here. It is a perfect way to capture the memories we are creating every day.

This week's layout I used the Design A sheet for the first page, and the Design D for the second page. I like that I moved beyond just the Design A format.
first page:
I like the 4X6 of Ryan and Caden playing checkers cut to fit into two different 3X4 slots.
 second page:

One thing I've found that has been making this project much easier for me is Picmonkey, which is a free online photo editing site. It is so nice being able to quickly add text to my pics. I also am able to crop my photos and create a digital canvas to resize the photos to work for whatever size I may want. We do have Photoshop at home, but it is only on Ryan's computer. Here is a close up of one of the pics I did with Picmonkey:

I also used that app Picframe for this that I mentioned in a previous post. I LOVE this app!

I will leave you with some pics from last night. Caden is obsessed with riding his bike in the house. I know we probably shouldn't let him, but with Wisconsin winters, he wouldn't be able to ride outside for a long time. Plus, remember that Ryan scrubbed the tires. Anyway...not only does he love to ride it, but he always want to have it by him. Last night at dinner, he parked his bike right next to his chair. He forgot it was there, and he fell over it as he got off of his chair (we have bar height chairs) to go and get more milk. His face hit his bike. Here is the end result:
He cut his left eye lid and also scraped his left cheek.
There were some tears, but he ended feeling fine later on. He ate all of his dinner, too. He told Ryan that ice cream would help make his eye feel better. What a goof:
No, they didn't eat all of that ice cream :)
Until later!
Barby

No comments: