Thursday, January 16, 2014

{No Technology Thursday: Glitter Painting}

Every Thursday we have No Technology day in our house. While the kids are awake, that goes for Mama and Dada, too. They do understand that for work we sometimes will need to use our phones and computers. Caden is always quick to remind us to put away the phone if he sees one of us grab it :) You may notice that it is now only on Thursday instead of Monday and Thursday. We decided that they can use it on Monday, but it has to be educational. For example, it could be their Leap Pad or on the computer using ABC Mouse.

Today I wanted to do something different with the kids, but I always wanted to only use things we have on hand at house. Last week we made Flubber (which they still are playing with), so I didn't know how I could beat that. Then I realized that I need to just keep it simple. Lilli has been wanting to paint a lot lately, and I saw this at Target when I stopped there after school:
They had me at "glitter colors."
Look how beautiful it is!
Yes! Who doesn't love glitter? Well, my kiddos do.

I taped down a large piece of white paper for each of them. I also grabbed different sized paint brushes and sponge brushes from them to use. Caden isn't usually as into art as Lilli, but he really took his time on his painting:

Lilli, of course, loved it:

 There was NO fighting. That is a miracle...
 

Love my little hams...
I made sure that they both were wearing their aprons so I could spare their clothing. The paint is washable, so it wouldn't have been the end of the world to get paint on their clothing.

Here are their finished projects:
Caden even painted his name on the top in green.
Can you see all of the L's on Lilli's?
Lilli then decided to paint some pasta as well. We plan to make necklaces tomorrow:


Did I mention that I painted a picture, too :)

After the kids were in bed I made 24 batches of Flubber for one of my classes tomorrow. The things I do for all of my kids... :)

Until later!
Barby

No comments: