Monday, January 27, 2014

{Menu Monday + Cold Day #1}

I am no longer posting Crafty Sunday on Monday, so I decided to share my weekly menu on Monday. It will also give me a good time to mention anything else from the weekend I may have forgotten. That happens sometimes:)

Here's the plan for this week:
Monday: Beef Stew (I am planning to combine my friend Jessica's and Paula Dean's)
Tuesday: Baked Chicken (We will be stuck in the house all day, why not bake a chicken? Plus I can use the carcass and extra meat for dinner tomorrow)
Wednesday: Chicken and Dumpling soup (I will use my basic chicken soup recipe and use gluten-free Bisquick for the dumplings)
Thursday: Curried Rice with Shrimp
Friday: Out
Saturday: Mexican Lasagna

Usually we would have leftovers on Wednesday, but Ryan doesn't meet with his group this week for school. Yay! Wednesday is his birthday, and he requested Chicken and Dumpling soup :)

As I said before, I didn't have school today due to the cold. Caden still did. It was nice to be able to take him to school for a change:
 
We had some fun after we picked him up. I decided it was the perfect day to go to the YMCA and do some swimming. The kids were THRILLED! Here are some pics:
They got in right away! They couldn't even wait for me.
Caden' loves turning the wheels to turn the squirter on and off.
Caden was being a shark :)
I didn't take too many, because I was in the water with the kids and had to hop out to take the pics.

After we finished swimming, we dried off and played in the Family Prime Time Area:

"If I go down like this I go faster!"
Flying a helicopter
We got home and played some more. There was a lot of biking riding (of course). Dada even came home from work early, and he made a special craft with Caden:
He found the pattern online.
How cute!

Lilli took a nap, but Caden did not. Did I mention that I took a nap with Lilli :)

It was a great day!

Until later!
Barby

No comments: