Sunday, January 19, 2014

{meal planning and menu planning template}

I spent today planning what our menu is for the week. I went to my new cookbook from Cara. Check it out:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t8h9chMhnR4/TzMsJkUwhBI/AAAAAAAAEow/MejuMcYuJ-8/s320/cover.jpg

I first looked at our schedule for this upcoming week, and then I decided how many meals I needed to cook. We don't need a meal for Wednesday night, because Ryan will be meeting with his eMBA group and not eating with us. We also go out on Friday with the family. Here is what I planned:
Monday: Sloppy Joes (Caden's request)
Tuesday: Mango Salsa Porkchops
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: Shrimp pasta
Friday: out
Saturday: Dinner for Ryan's birthday (He still needs to choose.)
Sunday: leftovers

I made the Sloppy Joes tonight. I figured it would taste better if I made it ahead of time. I also plan to prep Tuesday's dinner Monday night. I even made myself a meal planning template to help keep everything organized. It's here:
 https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0KR1r4UGYKtYUdsQ0FMbFZaclU/edit
I looked at others online, but I didn't find one that I really liked. I decided to make my own. I like it because I added the "Night Before Prep" category. This is a great reminder.

What are you eating this week?

Until later!
Barby

No comments: