Monday, January 13, 2014

{Crafty Sunday: Tigey, the adventure tiger}

Every Sunday it is my goal to do at least one crafty thing. That's why I decided to call it Crafty Sunday :) This Sunday I worked on last week's Project Life (stayed tuned tomorrow), but I also finished off something I started earlier in the week: a crocheted Tigey the adventure tiger from "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood." Lilli LOVES this show. I love it as well, because I watched Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood growing up. This is an animated spin-off from the original show. Here is a little clip you can check out if you have never seen the show.

I found this pattern on Etsy from the Baby Keeper. I am not sure if it still available. I was able to crochet all of the body parts Monday and Tuesday of last week. The bulk of the time is really spent sewing the thing together. There was definitely some trial and error there. Luckily I was also able to get quite a bit of it done Saturday and Sunday in the car while Alexis drove to and from Wizard Quest. Here was a shot I took when I finished off his head:

And here is the finished product:
front

back

check out the little claws
Lilli was sooooo excited when she saw I was making this for her. She was asking to hold him before I even finished him.

Is he perfect? Nope. Are there quite a few mistakes? Yep. Does she love him? Absolutely...

Until later!
Barby

No comments: