Saturday, December 14, 2013

{home sweet (cold) home}

It was definitely a little shocking to the system to return to such chilly weather, but it is nice to be home. We had a GREAT time on the cruise. I have a TON of pics to share. So many that I am not going to do that in a single post. It was just be too much. What I have done is broken it down day by day. So Monday, I will have my normal post, but I will also post one post from the first day of the cruise. I have back dated the blog entries so they will show up on the actual days they occurred. I will include a link to the backdated post. I will do that every day until I am all caught up. So hold tight, I will get you all caught up in the next week. Internet access was not a luxury we had on the cruise. We weren't willing to pay the 75 cents a minute to use it.

Today was all about unpacking, grocery shopping, and trying to get back to normal. Did you know that Christmas is less than two weeks away?! Yep. I need to get on that. I have pretty much all of my shopping done, but I need to do a ton of wrapping. I don't want to wait too long to start that. One fun thing I did today was make a tasty treat for Alexis' cousin Christmas party. I decided to make holiday morsel cookies (nice and chewy) with some buttercream frosting sandwiched between the cookies. Luckily for my waistline, I couldn't eat them. Still gluten-free for me! The kids let me know that they were good. They were my taste-testers. Here is what the finished product looked like:
 

All packed up and ready to go!

The kids and I also met Ryan after his class finished up yesterday for a nice Christmas gathering. They had snacks and some nice activities for the kids. One thing they had was cookie coloring. The LOVED this. Here is Lilli with her cookie:

We forgot to get a pic of Caden with his cookie, but it was impressive. He worked on it for over 20 minutes! He even wrote words on it. Too funny...

Until later!
Barby



No comments: