Wednesday, December 18, 2013

{holiday prep + Cruise Day Three}

With Christmas being only one week away (how did that happen?), I am kicking holiday prep into high gear! That started with decorating (finally) the Christmas tree tonight with the kids. Here are some shots:
Lilli loved all of the sparkly ornaments. We have a LOT :)
Caden made a special ornament at school. He thought it was pretty funny that he was putting a tree ornament on a tree.

Caden wanted a special spot for the ornament he made.

I love it that we have all of Ryan's old ornaments on the tree. Here is the one he got when he was born. That makes our tree that much more special :)


They were great little helpers! Lilli did get a little bored toward the end:
Caden also needed to rest:

Here is the final product:
I got the old books to add to the tree a couple of years ago. I love them.
Gotta love my mushroom ornaments :)
This Mickey ornament is one of Caden's favorites. We put it low enough so they could play with it.

Not too shabby :) We also have a lot of wooden rocking horses on the tree. I LOVE those. Many are from when Ryan was younger, but I pick them up now whenever I see them in a store. Keep an eye out for them for me.

While we were decorating the tree, I had some crockpot candy going in the kitchen. I saw Trisha Yearwood make this on Food Network over the weekend, and it looked delish. The house smells amazing! I also made a couple of batches of peanut brittle. Thank you again to Food Network. This was my first attempt with peanut brittle, and it was very easy!

I also gathered up the kids' teachers' Christmas presents. I want to send them with them to school tomorrow to avoid the chaos that Friday will bring trying to tie up all of the loose ends.

The final thing I did today was finally finish addressing all of my Christmas cards. They are getting mailed tomorrow. Thank you, Ryan! Whew! It was a busy day. What did you accomplish?

Oh, and here is the link to Cruise Day Three. Enjoy!

Until later!
Barby

No comments: