Monday, December 16, 2013

{good behavior=cookies + Cruise Day One link}

I bribed my students before I left with cookies. I told them that if I got a positive report from my substitute teacher, I would make them cut out cookies with buttercream frosting. Well--they were great! That is what I wanted to hear. I didn't really think out this making 120 cookies thing though. At least I don't have other things to do... :) A promise is a promise, so I planned to make the cookies to bring on Wednesday. I forgot, though, that I have a few wrestlers in my class. They informed me that they could eat the cookies on Tuesday or Friday. The other days they need to make weight, so cookies would be out of the question. Tomorrow it will be! I spent a few many hours on the cookies tonight, and now I am very happy that I just did it to get it out of the way. Here is what the final product looks like:

Lilli helped me, too. Well, I basically gave her a ball of dough and a cookie cutter. She made a pretty big mess. There was dough all over the chair. She did her best to help clean up the mess. She went to the drawer and got out a little plastic knife to scrape off the dough:

It didn't work :)

There was also some Bat Cave playing mixed into all of the cookie fun. I was the Penguin. Caden was hilarious. He was laughing so hard that he got the hiccups. I love it!

We also had a visit from Thor tonight:

All in all, it was a pretty eventful night!

Here is the link to the post from the first day of the cruise! Enjoy.

Until later!
Barby


No comments: