Wednesday, September 04, 2013

{our family day of firsts}

Overall yesterday was a success when it came to firsts in the Ames household. Caden had a great first day, but then again I expected that. He loves school. He knows some of the kids in his 4K class, and the teacher's aide is Mrs. Koeller from last year. He LOVED her. I wasn't worried about him. Here are some shots the Grandma took:

Writing his name to sign in--

Giving his cousin Adin a squeeze. Caden was leaving 4K and Adin was just getting to preschool--

Lilli and Caden at Caden's school--

I had to be at work, and Ryan had a meeting, so we were lucky that Grandma could take them :)

Lilli was the one who worried me... She would fluctuate between saying she would like school to saying she wasn't going to go at all. The day did start on a positive note when she agreed to wear the outfit I picked out for her. She didn't make me pick something else out because what I had "didn't match." She was still in a pretty good mood when I left for work. Look how cute she looks before she realized Grandma would be leaving her at school:

Bumpah with his girl. Grandma thinks the other little girl is going to be Lilli's best friend--

Her face at pick up shows she was having a pretty good time--

I love it that her backpack is almost as big as she is. She HAD to have the Sofia the First backpack. Again, I wasn't going to fight. The backpack was also filled with supplies she didn't need. Her preschool fees cover all supplies. But...Caden needed supplies. So, of course, Lilli needed supplies as well. If Caden got a bottle of glue, Lilli got a bottle of glue. I told her teachers to treat the supplies as a donation :)

After school was done, Lilli concluded that she would go back...luckily. I think she will grow to love it.

I laughed, and then I breathed out a HUGE sigh of relief. I didn't realize how nervous I really was about Lilli starting school. She still seems so little. Caden was 10 months older when he started school. I know she will do well, and I am hoping tomorrow will be even better for her.

Here are some other super cute pics that my mother-in-law sent to me from yesterday:
Caden filling water balloons...and soaking everyone in the process--

Again, Lilli just cracks me up... She loves posing for pics--

Another family first happened today. Ryan started orientation for his Executive MBA program through the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. I know he is going to be unbelievably busy, but it will be worth it in the end. We are very proud of him.

Until later!

Barby

No comments: