Thursday, September 26, 2013

{Mr. Pumpkin head?}

The kiddos and I took a trip to Target Tuesday after I picked them up. I wanted them to choose their Halloween costumes. I gave up on my dream of Caden being Peter Pan and Lilli being Tinkerbell. Caden shot that one down. He obviously doesn't get how cute the pics would be... :) I realize it is more important for them to be excited about their costumes. But seriously, Ryan was going to be Captain Hook and I was going to be Wendy! Can you imagine the pics? Oh well... Caden was overly excited to see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costumes. That was a done deal once he saw those. 

Lilli, on the other hand, did not have such an easy time. She was saying "how cute" they all were, but she did not want one. She ended up deciding that she wants to be Sofia the First. I am fine with that, especially because she got that dress up outfit from Uncle Danny and Aunt Samantha for her birthday. She just needs a little brunette wig. I must admit that will be pretty cute, too.

The other fun things we got while we were there were Mr. Potato head type pumpkin decorations. I found them in the Halloween section. I got the little craft pumpkins to go with them. The kids and I decorated them that night.


It was really hard to get a decent pic with both paying attention at the same time :)

Now, they are called pumpkin "push-ins," but that makes them sound much easier to use than they are. What I did was use a pair of very sharp scissors to push the hole into the pumpkins, then I let the kids put in the parts. 

Caden thought the mouths were pretty funny--

Lilli, too--

I realized I didn't take a pic of the kids with their finished products, but I did get a pic of the pumpkins on the table:

Overall, I think they were pretty cute. Caden and Lilli were really into it the entire time we were working on them. I think the push-ins would work with a real pumpkin, but then we would have to worry about a rotting pumpkin in the house...no thanks. And like I said, if you are using a craft pumpkin, it was too difficult to just push in the pieces without a hole already started.

On a sad note, I found out today that my Onkle Andreas in Germany (Grammy's brother) passed away this week. Please keep the family in your prayers, especially my Tante Christa. I am going to look through my old pics to find some of when I visited Rockenhausen when I was in Germany. I had a really good time. I remember playing a lot of the game "Aggravation." My Onkle Andreas loved playing that. He also loved a handheld Yahtzee game that my Grandma had sent him :) I had a great time visiting them. He insisted on giving me money to pay me back for my train ticket. I kept telling him thank you, but no thank you. He looked right at me and said, "Es muss sein." It must be. That ended the conversation :) He was a good man.

Until later,

Barby

No comments: