Thursday, August 08, 2013

{Caden's almost sleep-over...}

The wonderful person who cares for our kiddos on Mondays and Wednesdays is named Tricia...and she is beyond words great. The kids always have a great time there, and I know there are cared for as if they were her own. Tricia has a 5 year old son named Sully. You may remember when I posted pics from when he stayed over here. The boys are great buddies. Yesterday Tricia invited Caden to stay over at their house. Caden was THRILLED! Big talk. He wanted to pack his suitcase right away.

Things changed a little when I got Lilli all buckled up for us to leave. I think it was the first time it really hit him that Mama would be leaving him there. He needed to give me another hug. Then he needed to hug Lilli. And then he needed to hug me again. After hugging Lilli for a second time, he looked at me and said, "I think I want to go home with you." I reassured him that he would be okay. Tricia said he could stay for dinner, and then go home if he wanted. Caden had no idea that Tricia was surprising the kids by taking them to the Winnebago County Fair. He ended up staying when I left. I saw his little face looking at me when I drove away. I fully anticipated receiving a phone call in minutes asking me to return. No such call came. In fact, I received a text later for Tricia saying dinner went well and they were heading to the fair. 

Here is a pic from the fair:


He did decide he wanted to come home after the fair. By the time they walked back to the car (after waiting over 30 minutes for the Ferris wheel), it was around 10 pm when they got back to our house. He ALMOST made it :) He told me he will be ready for a real sleepover when he is 5. Stinker. It was nice snuggling when he got home. I can't complain :)

Until later!
 





No comments: