Wednesday, July 17, 2013

{sore body and Disney World}


I guess I didn't get around to putting up another post last night. I forgot I was heading to yoga at 6:30 pm, so that kinda pushed everything back. Oh well. It was so nice to go to yoga for multiple reasons.

1) It is always nice to sneak in a little mommy time.
2) My body is a hurting unit. This reintroducing consistent exercise hurts at first. Yoga helped to stretch out all of my aching limbs :)
3) It is nice to have the mental relaxation time. I think we all need to take a little bit more time for that. The class always ends with a quote very similar to this Gandhi quote:

“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.” 

I love it. After class I keep thinking about it. I think this is especially true when we have little ones watching every things we say, do, and I swear at times... think. I am really enjoying my new found love of yoga.

Today I officially begin the Hal Higdon half marathon training schedule to prepare me for the Tough Mudder. (Training this year will not be the same with my running partner, Nicole Josephs.) I am sure I will be looking to yoga to help with the soreness a lot more in the future as well :)

FLORIDA THROWBACK

As promised, I will continue to post pics from our trip to Florida earlier this month. This is a pic OVERLOAD post! Today I am going to focus on our trip to Downtown Disney (Sunday, June 30th) and Disney World (Monday, July 1st). Uncle Danny and Samantha hit up Downtown Disney with us, but we did Disney World as a family. The great part about our trip to Disney was that this was the first time the kids went up to some of the characters without us. It was nice :) Here are some of the highlights:

Downtown Disney
We stopped at the Rainforest Cafe for lunch. Here is Caden being a goofball :)

She was happier once her food came :)
Caden was also a big fan.

The LEGO store was a big hit. Lilli wanted me to take her pic.
Disney World

I should start by saying that we did not go to Disney on the nicest day. We were lucky enough to have the rain hold off until around 1 pm, but when it did come, it did not stop. It didn't stop us! Here is a shot of the radar from that day:

Striking a pose before getting into the park.

So excited to be here.
The kids were super excited to meet Tinkerbell...especially because Lilli is having a Tinkerbell birthday party next month.

Yay for Mickey Mouse! We were sad that Minnie wasn't there. I informed the kids that she probably had a stomach ache... They were okay with that :)
We were very happy that Buzz was out right away in the morning. That was a must stop for us :)

This is probably my favorite pic--hilarious!

We also hit up the Buzz Lightyear ride...twice! Lilli wasn't too sure about it.

Caden was in heaven...  


Oh no! Captured by Zurg!

We also got to meet some princesses for the first time. They were apprehensive about seeing Rapunzel and Princess Aurora without Mama, but they didn't need me for Cinderella. Lilli was mesmerized.
Meeting Rapunzel

Princess Aurora. Caden's pose just kills me!

Ahh...Cinderella

Caden making his move

They loved her. I think Caden liked it that she kept calling him Prince.
People Mover time!

The rain has come!!! This is in line for It's a Small World.

It's a Small World
Rockin' our ponchos!

 


No comments: