Thursday, June 20, 2013

Florida Planning and Dance Class



 As I type this, Caden is next to me snuggling and watching Sesame Street:

Such a cutie!
Lilli is still sleeping :)

We will be leaving for Florida in one week. Did I mention we are driving? Yep, we are. Although last time I drove to Florida I said I would NEVER drive to Florida again, when you are faced with the cost of four airline tickets...you reconsider. We also want to hit Disney Magic Kingdom, so looking at all of the costs pointed to driving. We are planning to leave next Thursday after Ryan finishes with work. We are incredibly lucky that Danny and Samantha decided to go with us. Who wouldn't want to be in a minivan for a day with us? :) They are gluttons for punishment. It will be nice to have the company and the extra drivers. Because we are leaving in one week, that means I have a lot of work to do.

Yesterday was a start to the preparations by getting the minivan in for the check engine light. We were unbelievably lucky, because we took it in with 700 miles left on the warranty. I won't bore you with the details of what was wrong, but the repairs cost us nothing. Had the warranty not been in place, the trip to the shop would have been $2000! All I had to pay for was the oil change. Nice! They even washed it.

This weekend I plan to put together some Disney buckets for the kids. I will let them have them in the van on the way. I figure it will help to keep them entertained. I have been scouring Pinterest for ideas.  Here is one that I may use as a model (without the balloon):

How cute are these!
I plan to get the items for the buckets this weekend. I will most likely hit up the Dollar Store. I am always surprised by how much they have. I am thinking coloring books, crayons, books to read... That sort of thing. I also like the water bottle idea because Disney allows you to carry those in. The kids could have those for in the park. I will have to wait and see what I can find. I will update with pics when I finish.

The other big thing we have going on in the Ames household is Lilli starting dance class tonight. She is in a combination class, so they will do a little bit of everything. She is SO excited. I even bought her little ballet shoes. She can't wait. I hope that enthusiasm lasts. I will take plenty of pics tonight of her first class. I think I may be more excited than she is :)

Until later!




No comments: