Friday, June 21, 2013

10 Year Anniversary and Dance Class Results

First, I have to share that Ryan and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary today. It is hard to believe that much time has passed. I won't get all mushy, because he would HATE that, but I will say that I am very grateful for him, the children he has given me, and the life he provides for us. I couldn't ask for more.

In celebration of our anniversary, Danny and Samantha are taking the kiddos overnight. We plan to have a nice dinner out and time to just focus on us :)

Here's a little flashback:


Here's a recap of Lilli's first dance class last night. She was so excited that she wanted to get dressed two hours before the class...including her shoes. Here she is posing:

The reason behind her goofy expression is that she kept closing her eyes right when the picture would take. I told her to keep her eyes open. This also meant that her mouth had to be open :)

She was fine until the girls all got their batons and everyone started slamming them on the ground. It was really loud, and she freaked out. She ran to me. Most of the rest of the class she was on my lap watching the girls. Luckily Caden was there to take some pics with the camera :) Not always my best angle...

Here are some pics:

Has the baton, but appears to be a little unsure.

Right before one of the teachers instructs the girls to hit the batons on the ground and bounce.
She seemed to like the pom poms, but she didn't want to go back to the girls at this point.

This is one of those "flattering" pics :)

She is back on the mat with the other girls, but not too happy. The woman next to me said, "She may be sad, but look at that cute little face."
I have to say, all in all, I was most impressed with Caden's camera skills for the first class. I had prepared myself for Lilli to not just love it right away. It was just so cute watching Caden take the pics and encouraging her to participate. At one point, he even went to the end of the mat and said, "Do a somersault to me, Lilli." Here he is waiting for her at the end of the mat:


She won't have class next because we will be in Florida (plus there is no class anyway because of the 4th of July), and she is willing to go again. She told me, "Next time don't look at me." I asked her if she didn't want me to be in the room with her, and she said, "No, I don't." We shall see...

Until later!

No comments: