Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Andrew!!!

Today is my nephew Andrew's 3rd birthday. So, of course, the highlight of the day was the little guy's birthday party. It was a pirate theme complete with eye patches and a pirate ship cake. Here are a couple of pics:

Pirate Lilli!

Sad Pirate Andrew :( I'm not sure what happened to upset the little guy
Andrew showing off his counting skills. He is next to the cake that Cara slaved over. It turned out great.
We are always so busy and don't think to take more. I am sure I can get some good ones from Cara to put up later.

Another great thing about today was the weather. It was almost 80 degrees! And it is March 17th...in Wisconsin... I am fully anticipating a snow storm next week or something. This is just too good to be true.

After the party I ran home. Really, I ran home. Well Ryan dropped me off about a mile from Pam and Dick's house. I needed to get a 7 mile run in this weekend, and since it is such a busy weekend I figured I may as well get it done today instead of tomorrow. Overall it went very well. I hate to say it, but I was really hot...maybe even too hot. Not that I'm complaining :) I definitely felt a sense of accomplishment when I got home. I had a couple of miles in the middle of the run that were pretty rough because my side started to hurt. Other than that, it was great.

After Ryan got back home tonight around 7:45 pm from taking care of some work things, I needed to head to the grocery store to get the supplies to make my Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil salad and also Tabbouleh. Tomorrow is Stephanie Meyer's bridal shower. (Do you see why our weekend is so busy?) Ryan and I decided that he would drive me and bring the kids since they would both fall asleep in the car. While Ryan was getting Lilli in the car he told Caden to wait for him in the house since he wasn't wearing shoes. Caden did not want to wait, but he also didn't want to get his feet dirty. This was his solution:

He thinks it is funny to make faces at the camera now.
Yes, those are my winter boots. They are very warm.

Our plan of both kids falling asleep was a big fail. They both were still wide awake when we got home. No big deal. Once they were in bed I tackled cleaning our bedroom since I've been neglecting that. I still don't know how my closet can go from organized to complete chaos in a matter of minutes... I did some laundry, made both salads (with Ryan's help~He cut all of the veggies for me), did the dishes, and then updated the blog (sorry for the delays). Now I am ready for bed!!!

Night!




No comments: