Sunday, March 04, 2012

Buzz Lightyear Cake and 6 miles!

We started off this morning with mini-pancakes, strawberries, and just a little Redi-Whip. The kids were pretty happy with this. Especially Caden :)

Lilli LOVES strawberries.
If you look carefully, I think he is actually unhinging his jaw :)
As promised yesterday, here are some pics from the Buzz Lightyear cake that I decorated yesterday:

These are all of the colors I needed for the cake. There was also a larger bowl of white.
Here it is with eyes and the black frosting piped to section off the different parts.
The end product
Caden and Andrew were pretty happy about it. Here they are showing it off for the camera.


The boys had so much fun playing today at Grandma and Bumpah's for lunch. I don't think it would have been possible for Caden to be more excited to see Andrew. When Caden saw Andrew from our car he said, "There's Andrew! Oh boy!" I believe he then started to squeal a little :) They are too funny together.

Before we headed over for lunch, I made my first attempt to make soft pretzels. I used whole wheat flour instead of white, but other than that I followed it exactly. Here are some of the pretzels cooling on a rack:

They were great right out of the oven.
They turned out to be pretty good! They weren't difficult to make either. I also made a cheese/mustard dipping sauce. I will definitely try to make those again. Ryan and Dada even made a Mickey Mouse pretzel:

Kinda looks like something the dogs could have made...on the lawn in the backyard.
Caden ended up not wanting to eat it because it looked "gross." :)

While I was waiting for my pretzel dough to rise, I got three of my six miles in. Although I know it is more ideal to run the six at one time, it just wasn't happening that way today. After we got home from lunch I ran the other three. Overall my time wasn't too bad. My first three miles were much faster. I think a lot of that has to do with my overall energy level being higher in the AM. It wasn't too bad.

I will leave you with a goofy pic of Lilli. She was wearing Caden's sunglasses that he got at his screening last week. She thinks she looks pretty cool:

 
Night!

No comments: