Sunday, March 25, 2012

8 miles down!!!

Today was the end to a wonderful weekend. It was SO nice not having much to do. We got to spend a lot of time together as a family. It was a pretty full day today.

We started off the day by going to church. The kids were well-behaved in the nursery. Lilli still doesn't like being away from us, but she stopped crying pretty quickly. After church Nicole and I got our 8 mile run in. We did great! The weather was beautiful, and the run wasn't that bad at all.

After showering and waiting for Lilli to wake up, Ryan and I took the kids over to Oaklawn Elementary to support their efforts for the April 3rd referendum. Ryan saw many of his teachers from when he was in school. He showed us around the building and pointed out the different classrooms he was in as a child. I think Caden thought that was cool. They also had cookies and punch, so Caden was a happy camper. Here are some pictures of him "driving" the race car they had outside of the school:

We should have made him buckle up :)
I think he found it entertaining that the steering wheel came off.
We then needed to run to Target for a few things, and we were pleased to find that the grocery section opened today. We were able to get the things we needed, plus all of the groceries for the week. We tried to shop as quickly as we could, because we still had other things we wanted to do.

Our next stop was the YMCA to get in some swimming. The kids had a great time. The water was a little chilly, so Lilli's jaw was pretty much chattering the entire time. She still had fun.

We didn't have time to play on the climbing area slide part before we swam. I thought Caden didn't remember this, but he did. On the way to Grandma and Bumpah's he realized the we didn't play there. He looked at me in my rear view mirror and said, "Mama, I'm really 'inappointed.'" I tried not to laugh, because I couldn't get over how cute it was. I asked him where he learned that word. He told me, "I taught myself." I promised him that we could go next time.

Dinner as great, and then we headed home. Lilli fell asleep in the car on the way home, so it was a pretty quiet night. Overall, it was a very good day.

Night!

No comments: