Friday, February 24, 2012

Workout Update

It's Friday, so that means it's time for a workout update! I don't know how everyone else feels about reading these, but I look forward to sharing my accomplishments from the week on the blog. I guess it's my way to reflect on the week and see what I have really been able to do. Not every day was a great one, but I have remained consistent with my fitness goals :)


Here was my week:


Saturday: Rest. I usually have spinning, but since Ryan was at a meeting in Madison it just wasn't happening this morning.
Sunday: 5 miles (Outside---Yay!)
Monday: Rest (I am reading a fitness book that says one day a week should be devoted to absolutely no exercise...even sit ups.)
Tuesday: Ran 3.5 miles before work.
Wednesday: 40 minutes on the elliptical before work.
Thursday: Rest (I was planning to do another 40 on the elliptical, but by the time I got home at 7 pm from Parent/Teacher conferences, and I hadn't eaten dinner, I just wasn't feeling it. I did do quite a few squats.)
Friday: 3.5 miles on the treadmill before work

It is time for me to start looking for a 5K to run. I need to throw that into my training schedule. My philosophy for running has always been to finish. Not to look at time, not to worry about others passing me... I think for the first time I want to look at my time. I want to challenge myself for the 5K to see how well I can really do. I think this is better for a shorter distance like that. Longer runs, like the Half Marathon, I think it will still be good to have the goal to finish in a safe way. With 3.1 miles, that is short enough that I think I could sprint a good portion of it without killing myself. I don't see myself sprinting any part of the Half Marathon without losing too much steam. So I need to start looking for some 5K to get signed up. If anyone knows of any good ones, let me know!

Getting back to now, the plan for tomorrow AM is spinning. I feel like it has been FOREVER since I was able to go. I am really looking forward to it. I know that this class has really been helping me to reshape my lower body. LOVE IT! I still think at some point I am going to have to get some spinning shoes. I wonder if I will be able to find spinning shoes as sweet as my running shoes? Probably not. How can you beat those?

No comments: