Friday, February 03, 2012

Workout Update

I decided that one way to hold myself accountable for my working out is to give a weekly update on Fridays. I am pleased to say that I have been doing a nice job of finding time to workout every day. This week was the official beginning of my training for the Oshkosh Half Marathon, so now more than ever it is time to stick to my schedule. I want to not only finish the race, but I also want to feel decent at the end. Last time I ran in Madison, I thought I just may keel over when it ended. Not again.

To better facilitate my training, I typed up a schedule for every day leading up to the 22nd of April. Each day the activity varies. Here is an example of what this week has looked like so far starting with Sunday:

Sunday: 2 miles on the treadmill
Monday: 30 minutes on the Elliptical
Tuesday: 3 miles on the treadmill
Wednesday: Turbo Sculpt DVD (I usually do a Spinning class, but it didn't work out this week.)
Thursday: 30 minutes on the Elliptical
Friday: 3 miles on the treadmill

Ideally, the mileage on the treadmill would be all running. At this point, that is not the case. There is quite a bit more walking than running. I am hoping that each week the running portion becomes a larger part of the time. I know I just have to be patient. I am also wanting to add intervals into my time on the elliptical. Somewhat similar to Spinning in that fashion.

I also want to add more weight lifting besides just doing Turbo Sculpt. Side note: Any of the Turbo Jam DVD's are a great workout. At one point after doing some of the arm reps, I thought my arms just may fall off.

Saturdays my plan is to keep going to Spinning in the morning. I then plan my long training runs to be on Sundays. This Sunday Nicole and I are doing our first long training run together. I know that seasoned runners do not consider 4 miles to be long, but when we are first starting out again it is. I still can't believe I was able to successfully run 26.2 miles! I know I can do this!

Night!

No comments: