Sunday, February 05, 2012

Long Run and Puzzles

The first thing I have to share is that Nicole and I successfully logged our 4 miles for our first long run. Not only that, but our time was better than we anticipated it would be. It was a great time. It was so nice to run outside and catch up with a great friend. The time goes by way too fast! This run today really recharged by enthusiasm for both the Half Marathon and also just my fitness in general. I know I will be completely ready for the Half come April.

The next thing I wanted to write about is jigsaw puzzles. I know...weird, right? Anyone who knew me as a child knows that I LOVED to work on jigsaw puzzles. My Aunt Theresa loves to tell me about when I was a little girl putting together a little jigsaw puzzle in the dark on a flipped over box (I think I got that right). I have loved them for as long as I can remember. I also remember working on puzzles with my Aunt Ann when I was little. She loves them, too. Maybe that's where I got it.

Because I have such a love for puzzles (which I haven't had time to work on in YEARS!), I have decided of course that my children must love puzzles as well. I have been working a lot with Caden. He has a Winnie the Pooh puzzle we have been doing. He is getting much better.




I don't know how much he really likes it, but I try to make a big deal every time he gets a piece in the correct spot. Is it bad that I think about the future, and I can picture sitting down on a Friday night to work on a big jigsaw puzzle as a family? We would have one of the puzzle mats, so we could roll it out and then roll it back up when we were done working on it. We would take turns picking out the puzzles so that everyone gets a chance to work on a picture they like. Too much? I also don't see Ryan being too thrilled about this. He method of choice for completely a jigsaw puzzle would be to use his real jigsaw and cut the pieces to fit...

Here he is working on the new Cars puzzle we bought:



Night!

No comments: