Sunday, February 19, 2012

5 miles down :)

I am happy to report that Nicole and I completed our 5 miles! Nicole had a shoe malfunction for the last mile, but other than that it went pretty well. I can definitely tell this time around with training that I am doing it the right way. The long runs aren't as tough as they were the other times I ran in the past. I think that keeping up with my runs during the week is making a HUGE difference. I am really looking forward to the Half Marathon.

The funniest thing was when I was sitting next to Caden after my run. He said, "Mama, can you go sit over there? You are all dirty from running. You smell dirty." Nice, huh? I laughed, of course! He was right though, I did need to shower :)

While Nicole and I were running, someone had to watch the kiddos. Andrew had a church meeting, so Ryan watched all four kids by himself. It went very well. He did capture a video of some of the fun:


He said that it was a fun time to be had by all.

Tonight we had our family dinner at Grandma and Bumpah's house. We had a belated celebration of my birthday. It was delicious: salmon, tenderloin, mushroom barley pilaf, angel food cake... Yum. I was also spoiled with gifts of course. It was a good time for everyone :)

I will leave you with a pic I took of Lilli earlier today. I was trying to get a nice one to send to my Grandma, but Lilli kept looking away. The lighting was too bright, but I love how her eyes look in this pic. What a little cutie:


Night!

No comments: