Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, Ryan!

Today is a special day. It is Ryan's birthday. While it may not be a milestone birthday like last year, it is still just as important. Unlike last year, we didn't do anything special this year. He just wanted the normal Sunday family dinner. Since Cara, Jordon, and Andrew were in town, we moved it up to noon instead of dinner time. Given his pick of any meal for his special day, Ryan chose Lebanese food. Here is a shot of my plate before I ate my lunch:

I texted a pic to Grammie to show her. She told me it looked tasty and that I did a good job :) I ended up making Grape Leaves, Baked Kibbeh, Tabbouleh, and Cucumber salad to east along with the Baked Kibbeh. The Hummus was store bought.

It was a nice day. Ryan and I agreed on no presents this year. I don't count the presents from the kids. Caden even picked out Ryan's presents by himself. He picked out a green insulated coffee mug and a Perry the Platypus t-shirt. He was pretty excited about the shirt. I did have to talk him out of a Toy Story 3 Landfill toy like he has. He tried to tell me that Dada should have his own so they could play with them together.

I did end up giving Ryan a present. I was trying to think outside of the box since I didn't want to spend any money. I ended up making this for him:


Sorry for the bad pic. I will take a pic with my camera later. This one was shot with my phone, and the flash is horrible. I will take some tomorrow and repost.

I made this with a Melissa and Doug tray from the pizza set that the kids have. Those Melissa and Doug toys always come in nice wooden trays. The problem is that they don't have lids, and they are all different sizes so that I can's stack them. Instead of throwing away the trays, I saved them figuring I could do something with them at some point. So I did! I just painted the entire thing brown first, and then I selected the pics I wanted to figure. I LOVE the pic of the two wearing their overalls by the fence, so I knew that I wanted to feature that one as the large one. I added the word "joy" that I cut out with my Cricut. I wanted it to be simple and not overrun with embellishments. I think it turned out to be pretty nice. Ryan is planning to take it to work.

I have a nice pic of Ryan with his apple bars, but I didn't upload my pics yet from the camera. I will do that tomorrow.


Night!

No comments: