Monday, October 17, 2011

Potty time update!!!

Who would ever think that your child's bathroom routine could offer so much excitement? The house was filled with squeals of delight last night when...watch for it... Caden went POOPY IN THE POTTY!!! I was so excited! I could not believe he FINALLY did it. I know it was only once...but don't take this small victory from me :) We have been talking with him for what seems like years about using the potty for going poopy. (Side note: I don't think I have ever typed the word "poopy" so many times). Last night right at bedtime, around 8 pm, he went and stood behind his chair in his bedroom. That is the sign that he is going to go to the bathroom. Ryan saw this, so he told Caden that he wanted to take him to try to go on the potty. Caden did NOT fight the idea. That right there was HUGE. He ended up wanting me to go in there with him. I will spare you all of the details, but the end result was that he went!!!

So at 8:30 on a Sunday night, we changed him out of pj's and back into clothes, and we went to Target while Lilli stayed with Grammie. Of course he couldn't wait to get...ROCKIN MICKEY! His name is really Rock Star Mickey, but Caden calls him Rockin Mickey. He was thrilled to get his Mickey. Here he is checking him out in the store:




He insisted on carrying him all by himself. He looked so cute lugging that big box through the store.



What a big boy!

Night!

No comments: