Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the long awaited post

About last week...I know I promised a post. Well, life happens! I got too busy, and I was way too tired. Alexis and I have been working out every morning from 5:30-6:00 AM, so I am pretty beat when the kiddos go to bed. This is our third week, however, and I don't think we will be stopping any time soon!

Now to catch you all up on what's been happening around here.

I will start with Lilli's 4 month check up on Thursday, January 6th. Here is a pic of the little squirt as the nurse gets her stats:

Yes, she was smiling. She thought everything was great until she got the shot. (She wasn't too happy last Thursday either when she went back for the other shot...)

Here are her stats:

24 in.                          27th percentile
11 lbs. 10 ounces          6th percentile (She is a little squirt)
41 cm                          40th percentile

That weekend we didn't do too much. Andrea's birthday was on Saturday, and Ella's birthday was on Sunday. One fun thing that Ryan and I did was go out to dinner, just the two of us, on Saturday night. Alexis came and watched the kids from around 5-8. We originally wanted to go to HuHot in Appleton, but by the time we got there it was way too busy. Ryan ended up suggesting that we go to Jonathan's Bistro. It was AWESOME!!! I loved it. I had Grilled Salmon Caprese. Delicious!!! I can't wait to go back. We didn't go out for a long time, but it was still great. It reminded us that we need to do that more often.

Last week was a decent week. Again, not too much happened. It is the end of the semester at school, so we have all been trying to tie up some loose ends at school. Busy! Busy!

The weekend was fun, too. Saturday afternoon we had Mads' 3rd birthday party. Caden had a great time! Then we came home and started to get things ready for Ryan's Rotary Holiday Party. It was supposed to be at Benvenuto's, but you know that we cheeseheads can't miss our Packers. Since they didn't want to cancel the party, Ryan and I decided to just have everyone come to our house instead. It was a great time. Caden was a ham and kept saying hi to everyone and "Pack! Go! Go! Go!" It was pretty cute. The win of course means that the Pack will be playing Da Bears next Sunday! GO PACK GO!!!

Sunday started with church of course. After church was the highlight of Caden's day. Caden went to Garbage Hill with Bumpah and Daddy. He had a blast! Here is a pic from Ryan and a video:

 

video




After sledding they took the little guy to McDonald's. Could he have had a better day? He was so tired when they got home that Ryan said he put himself down for a nap. He went upstairs (Ryan followed him), turned on his white noise machine, and plopped onto his bed. :)


This week has been flying already as well. It is finals week, so we have an altered schedule. It will be nice to start second semester next week. It will be a fresh start for everyone. I also like the idea of new classes so I can start things off.

Here are some pics from since the last time I posted:

Yummy!

 
 This is the best roll ever!!!

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

 Look at those cute feet!


 
Caden contemplating the true meaning of Mickey

 
 "Don't worry, I'll get her arm."

 Check out the hair

  
This little girl is pretty much always smiling

Here is my pic of the day for today of Lilli:


Does it look familiar?

 

She is one week younger than Caden was in his pic!


Night!

 

1 comment: