Tuesday, December 07, 2010

water park, baptism, spoiling

Last Friday after work Ryan picked me up. He had the car loaded with the kids, Grammie, and our luggage for an overnight trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in the Wisconsin Dells. Ryan had a WOA board meeting Saturday morning, so we decided it would be fun to all go. We were right. Caden LOVED the water. Here are some highlights:

 


 
My favorite part was when we were walking to one of the water areas. We had to take Caden out of the water and he said, "Dada more fun." It was adorable. We will definitely be going back the next time Ryan has a meeting. In fact, we are thinking that a trip sometime in March would be fun with Cousin Andrew, too.

Saturday we left the Dells around 2 pm, so that Ryan could get to the Omro Holiday parade on time. He said it was VERY cold, but he had a good time. I didn't take the kiddos because it was too cold for them. Plus I needed to start getting ready for Lilli's baptism on Sunday. We prepped the veggies for the strata and baked and frosted a cake.

Mom and Bill got into town around midnight Saturday night. They were supposed to be in earlier, but their flight was delayed because of the weather in Milwaukee. They got to the house and then we went to bed.

Sunday morning Grammie and I were up early to get the food put together for the baptism. We made a Brunch Strata and Southwestern Egg bake. We also started a ham in the crockpot. They were both very good. My friend Sheri came over to our house to start the food in the oven while we were at church. Thanks, Sheri! :)

The baptism went very well. Lilli was wonderful. Everyone told me that the way she held her hands it made it look like she was praying.

Caden was a two year old. I held him during the baptism. He woke up with a cold that morning, so he kept trying to touch his nose. I had to pull his hand down. That went on for a little while. People started snickering a little, so I think he liked be the center of attention. He then wanted to go to Grandma, but he only got half way and then stopped. He ended back up with me again. Little stinker! :)

The food all turned out well. I was very grateful that Pam, Linda, Sam, and Alexis also helped with the  food. I thought I would have too much, but it turned out to be the perfect amount.

 Here is the cake I made.

Lilli received wonderful gifts from everyone. Here are a few pics:

Monday Caden and Lilli were spoiled by Grammie, Oma (my mom), and Papa (Bill). Caden even said, "Oma," so my mom was happy about that.

Today we had everyone over again so we could celebrate Dave's birthday early. His actual birthday is tomorrow. Grammie made tons of great food. Yum!

I also love these two pics:
We took Caden's high chair off and put it by the window. He crawled up and into it.


 Here is Lilli sleeping on Grammie's lap.

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Diane said...

spoiling???????what is spoiling?