Monday, November 29, 2010

turkey day

I know it has been awhile, but I didn't want to be on the computer while I was in Toledo.

Last Wednesday was my first day back at school. It didn't really feel like it was since my sub was still there. So for all intents and purposes today was my first day. I will talk about that later.

Our trip was very nice. Well, everything was except for the ride there. That was L   O   N   G. And the worst part was that Caden only slept like 1 1/2 hours of the 8 hour car ride there. When we got there (at 3 am), Caden was WIDE awake. Poor Ryan finally took him downstairs at 4:30 am so he didn't wake up the house. It was rough. The rest of the trip he slept pretty well.

For Thanksgiving we went to my Aunt Evita and Uncle Gary's house. Here are some of the highlights:

Checking out the 3D TV.

 Playing a game of air hockey with Aunt Ann.


 
 Lilli catches up with Grammie.


 
 Caden gambles a little bit on Uncle Gary's slot machine.


 Our attempt to get a family pic. As you can see, Caden was NOT having it.



Lilli models the shirt I made. She was a thankful little girl.

Friday was a pretty relaxing day. It was nice because Aunt Theresa Berry, Uncle Bob, Aunt Ann, and Grammie came over to visit. It was fun:

Caden thoroughly enjoyed the frosted brownie!

 Lilli snuggles up to Aunt T.

Saturday we were able to spend some time with our family in Perrysburg. Lilli slept the entire time. I guess all of the traveling caught up with her. We had a very nice lunch at Bob Evan's. Stupidly I didn't take one picture! I was pretty made at myself when I realized this that night.

After lunch we went to visit with my Dad and Andrea. Caden fell asleep on the way there. He didn't even wake up when Ryan took him into the house:


Caden "fixing" the piano with Uncle Johnny.


 Snooze time!

 
 Meeting Amma

Cute pic of Danny and Sam

 Proud Ampa

Saturday night we went to the Toledo Zoo and saw the Lights Before Christmas. Uncle Johnny watched Lilli until Aunt Christ got home. Actually, I think Jill got to the house first. It was just a little too cold for her to come out. I don't think Caden really cared too much about the lights this year, but it was a good time.

Uncle Johnny settles in to watch Lilli solo until Aunt Chris gets home.


 
 Caden rode on a merry-go-round for the first time. He loved it.


 
 Caden and Grammie walking hand in hand at the zoo.

 
Another cute pic of Danny and Sam.


 
 A shot going into the zoo.

We headed home with Grammie Sunday morning.

Today I went back to school (for real), and I really had a great day. The students are wonderful. I think I am going to have a very good year!

Here is Lilli taking a bath tonight. She loves it!


Night!

2 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

Oh. My. God! Lilli looks EXACTLY like Caden in the bath picture. May I refer you here.. http://happyamesfamily.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html

:) Hope your week is going well!

Nicole

The Ames Family said...

It is funny you say that! Pam emailed me earlier and said she recognized the pic, too. I already have tomorrow's post ready to go, and it is comparing the other one you reference! They do look alike.