Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Taking It Easy Today

Today is going to be a pretty lazy day. My body pretty clearly told me yesterday that I was overdoing it, so I plan to take it easy the next few days. It is horrible! I feel fine, but I'm not healed. I feel like a useless blob just sitting around...

We tried to do a mini photo shoot with Lilli last night for her birth announcement. It didn't go very well. Every time she made a cute face was when she was NOT getting her picture taken. Here are some of the outtakes.


I think this pic is cute, but it wasn't completely in focus.

Again, not bad, but doesn't display all of her cuteness.

At this point I think she was just trying to get away to stop the picture taking.

I, of course, think she is darling in all of them, but just not birth announcement material. We are going to try again tonight.

The excitement today has been 1) Lilli wet through her outfit and onto Grammie's pants. I had to get a picture.


And 2) Lilli's umbilical cord came off! I know that isn't that big of a deal, but man does that little thing get in the way when you are trying to change a diaper. I took a pic of that as well. I ended up putting a little Neosporin on it with some gauze.


Caden is off with Grandma (Pam) today. *I guess I could explain the differences in the Grandma names. My mom=Oma, Pam=Grandma, Grandma Owed=Grammie, and Andrea=Amma.* He went to gymnastics this morning and is spending the rest of the day with Grandma. Tomorrow he goes back to Kelly. It will be nice to get his schedule back on track.

2 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

I think the first picture is a fantastic birth announcement photo!! :)

The Ames Family said...

Did you try to click on it to make it larger? It is slightly out of focus. Otherwise, I love the pic!