Friday, September 17, 2010

Craft Time

Today was a really good day. I had to run some errands, so I took Caden with me and Lilli stayed home with Grammie. Caden was awesome! We went to: Target, The Dollar Store, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, and the grocery store (where we waited in line for 15 minutes to mail a box). He was great in every store. He didn't even whine or fuss at all while we were in line at the grocery store! I was very proud of him.

The day started well when I showed Caden the fall window clings I picked up in the dollar section of Target. I was afraid at first he would think they were gummies, but he didn't at all. I showed him to stick them to the sliding door. He thinks they are pretty cool. I had to get him a container to put them in because he didn't want to leave them up. It kinda became a game to see where else they would stick. When we went to Target today I picked up two more packs of the leave clings. I like those better than the ones with the jack-o-lanterns because they are thicker and don't rip as easily.



Lilli was her normal good baby self today. Caden still runs to her side anytime she starts to cry. He is very good at putting her nuk back in her mouth if it comes out. Here she is taking a snooze on Daddy tonight.


I love the open mouth!

Today I also did another craft. Caden loves the book Five Little Pumpkins that Danny and Sam got for him, so I decided to make something to go along with it. While Caden was sleeping a made this:


I picked up the fence, pumpkins, and large popsicle sticks at Hobby Lobby. I painted everything and drew a little detail onto the pumpkin faces with a Sharpie. I added velcro to the back so that the pumpkins could "sit" on the "gate." I know it is a fence, but the book calls it a gate...so I will call what I made a gate, too. I designed so that as each pumpkin speaks we can take it off of the gate.

Here are the other two crafts I did this week. I made this wreath after I saw it on the Thrifty Decor Chick's blog. I loved it! All of the supplies were from the Dollar Store!


And I also made this to put up on the wall for Halloween:


I saw this on the Eighteen25 blog. I thought it was really cute, so I tried it myself.

I made one for Pam, too. I am making on tomorrow that says "eek." I will post how that turns out.

Have a nice night!

No comments: