Saturday, September 04, 2010

Baby Lilli is here!!!

Baby Lilli was born Thursday, August 26th at 9:35 am. She was 7 pounds 11 ounces and 19.5 inches long. She is doing great.


I have recovered a lit faster with Lilli than I did with Caden. I think most of that is due to the fact that I didn't labor and push like I did with Caden. My incision has healed very well, and I am feeling almost back up to 100%. We are even going to go on a short walk later today.

Lilli looks so much like Caden! We couldn't believe it. The biggest difference is that Lilli has hair. Check out these two pics:


Burrito Baby Caden


Burrito Baby Lilli

Lilli has a little more delicate features, but the two definitely are brother and sister!

Caden has been a great big brother. He loves to hold Lilli, and he doesn't like it when she is in her bouncer with no one holding her. He insists that Mommy or Daddy hold her all of the time. Here are some pics of the proud big brother shortly after Lilli was born:





Here are pics of Lilli's first bath at home. She wasn't a fan. Until her umbilical cord falls of she is limited to sponge baths. She liked it much better after the bath.



Daddy demonstrates his unbelievable multitasking skills!

We are very lucky because my grandma is here for a month to help out with the kiddos. I think she is enjoying spending time with her great granddaughter. Not to mention Lilli is her little namesake. Here is a pic of "Grammie" in the hospital with Lilli:


I cannot believe how much easier it is having two kids than I thought it would be. I am not talking about the workload, that is definitely more of a challenge. I was worried about how we would all click since we have been a family of three. It has been a smooth transition. It is amazing how you can have just as much love in your heart for another little one. She is a joy and we can't imagine things without her already.

I will do my best to update the blog as much as possible. Things are a little busier here. Since I will be working on Lilli's "365 Days of Lilli," as I did with Caden, I will always have enough pics.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!

1 comment:

Diane said...

very nice update and pictures are beautiful of both kids . glad you are doing better barbie love you all