Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Sick Mother's Day and Grandma and Grandpa Go on a Cruise

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all of you mothers. I was going to post earlier, but I have been a little under the weather. I was fine until Saturday night. I walked on the treadmill (which I have been very good about I am happy to report) and I then went upstairs to plop in front of the TV for awhile. All of a sudden I felt very warm. I went upstairs because I thought I could strip down to cool myself off. By the time I got upstairs I was freezing and had to curl up under the comforter. I just felt crappy. I thought part of it could have been from the rummage sale we had earlier that day. The weather was horrible for it, so we were outside in it for a few hours.

I woke up Mother's Day morning and did feel significantly better. I made pancakes for breakfast, even ate a few myself, and thought all was well. Caden got me a beautiful Seiko watch for Mother's Day. He has such great taste. While we were at church I got very hot again. Ryan was fanning my most of the service. We went home and I slept most of the day. 10-1:45 and then 4-7:15ish. I felt better when I got up at night, but I still didn't really feel up to eating. Needless to say, I don't have any cute Mother's Day pics since I was feeling so horrible.

Yesterday I felt much better, and today I think I am pretty much back to normal. I figure I must have had a little bug or something. At least it was pretty quick.

Pam and Dick are on a cruise. They left Friday morning for Florida and their ship set sail on Saturday. Pam emailed yesterday and said they are having a great time. Since they are gone for the week, Caden obviously isn't with Grandma like he normally is. He spent yesterday with Alexis. They had a great time. Here is a picture she sent to me while they were on a walk. He was looking for fish:


She said right after she took this picture his shoe flew off into the water. Luckily, she was able to chase it down. Everyone was safe...and dry!

Caden will be with Kelly Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday this week. He will be with Alexis again this Thursday. That works out very well because she will be able to take him to his music class, which he adores. I am sure he will have a great week. He usually does.

You have a great week, too!

2 comments:

Diane said...

what a cute picture,hope you are feeling better

Alexis said...

I still can't believe that his shoe came off! It was just gently gliding down the creek. Caden thought it was a hoot! I have to admit we had a good laugh! And the best part the shoe was dry on the inside!